Friday, July 1, 2011

Instructional Design Blogs - A wealth of knowledge.

I have found several interesting blog sites.  I chose three I felt pertained to my interests the most. 

The first is http://www.iddblog.org/  set up by the FITS (Faculty Instructional Technology Services) department at DePaul University.  It is a resource for traditional, online, and blended classroom technologies and techniques designed to assist DePaul University faculty.  I enjoy the fact that several people post ideas and information . This gives the site more depth to the information provided. 

The second is http://theelearningcoach.com/elearning_design/become-a-better-writer/#comments and has all sorts of eLearning tips and tools.  There are specific links to information on Instructional Design and information in accordance with the field. 

This third is http://idtstudio.blogspot.com/ focused toward web-based learning. 

The college I work for has been dabbling in blended classroom style learning for our Bachelor Degree students for approximately a year now.  The evening/ weekend students schedule has always been one class for five weeks at a time.  They attend class Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm - 9:50pm and Saturday mornings 8:30am - 12:20pm.  This schedule is great for the working professional.  One class each five weeks is set up in the format where they come to the traditional classroom Tuesday and Thursday nights and have online class Saturday mornings.  This has increased the participation and attendance in the Saturday classes for those that are involved.  Some people have children and it is difficult for Saturday babysitters.  Many work all week and just do not want to get out of the house.  I cannot blame them.  I was once in their shoes here at this very school and would have loved staying in my pajamas on Saturday and still attend class.

The web-based learning and the instructional design around this concept is quite interesting to me and pertinent to my current work situation.  I look forward to visiting your blogs and the sites you found as well as hearing your feedback if you visit the blogs I have found interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment